Ness Street is a four storey grade II listed building in the heart of Berwick's historic conservation area. The property is set back from the street in a secluded courtyard.
|The sea is a short walk away just the other side of the Elizabethan walls|
The house has been completely renovated inside, opening at Easter 2007 with the following:
- A new fully fitted kitchen with dishwasher and washing machine
- A new bathroom with high flow shower
- A new downstairs shower room and toilet
- A refurbished cellar with tumble dryer and fridge freezer
- An entirely new gas heating system with lots of hot water and mains pressure showers
Further highlights include
- Flat screen digital TV with DVD player in lounge
- Top floor bedroom doubles as games room with TV and Playstation 2
- Broadband Internet connection with WiFi (bring your own computer)
- Kitchen with dining area
- Dining room
- Shower room with toilet
Kitchen Dining Area
- Master bedroom with king size double bed
- Second bedroom with two single beds ,Freeview TV with video lead for XBOX360 - (bring your own XBOX360)
- Bathroom with bath and shower
Master Bedroom with King Size Bed
Bedroom with Two Single Beds
Bathroom with Mains Pressure Shower
- Bedroom with double bed, Freeview TV and DVD player
- Bedroom/games room with single bed and roll away bed, and Playstation 2
Single Bedroom with Second Rollaway Bed
- fridge freezer
- tumble dryer
- storage area
- pool table and darts board
Fridge Freezer and Tumble Dryer
Pool Table and Darts Board
- Secluded seating area
- Raised beds and container plants
The beach is a short walk from Ness Street
The beach is sandy with rockpools exposed at low tide
Read our guest reviews
All of the above may be subject to minor change.
The house is a grade II listed building in a conservation area. The sea and town walls are less than 100 yards away. Local shopping, the town centre, and excellent restaurants and cafes are within easy walking distance.
The railway station is within walking distance (though those with luggage may wish to take a taxi) and a day trip to Edinburgh is only 40 minutes by train. Ness Street is entirely suitable for those visitors who may wish to arrive by train. A car is not necessary to enjoy Berwick.
Because the property is located in the historic old town, parking is on street. However, the council operates a reserved residents parking scheme, and two permits are available free of charge to Ness Street guests.
If you wish to bring bicycles, a secure storage area is available in the cellar, with easy access from ground level. There is a cycle path from Berwick to Holy Island and beyond.
Regulations now require holiday cottages to have an energy performance certificate. Ours can be downloaded here.
To make a booking please send an email
Please be aware that Ness Street operates a no smoking policy both within the property and outside in the courtyard. Pets are not normally allowed.
Ness Street Holiday Cottage, Ness Street, Berwick upon Tweed, Northumberland TD15 1HY. Tel 01289 318069